Friday, January 26, 2007

A year of good eating in Europe, coming right up!


Pack up the whole family for a year in Europe, to live, work, and eat with the farmers and folks who care about real food?

Oui oui, we say.

Our family's gastro-sabbatical officially begins in August 2007. But anticipation is half the fun, so I'll start writing now, while we're in the planning stages. So far: a month at the Spannocchia estate in Siena, Italy... a month with Gaia Foundation in Malta... a month or longer in the Netherlands, and a month or so in Ireland. France, Spain, Greece, and others, are still in the works. Mmm, I'm getting hungry already.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol and Family,

I read your blog and see that you have lived in Bangor, N. Wales! Dick and I lived there for a year in 1975-76 and again in 1983-84 when Lauren was 4. We couldn't quite make out the street photos you sent, probably because we really lived over in Menai Bridge, not Bangor. But I do recall High Street fondly.

Loved your blog, and the tasty foods you are enjoying sound great.

Dick and I just attended pre-Christmas service and loved the music and Kristine's message about jumping/dancing for joy at the birth of Jesus. She actually danced in her robes! In an hour, a group of 20 or so will go caroling to the nursing homes. Snow is lightly falling.

Wishing you a pleasant Christmas wherever you are.

Nancy Mack

Carol Price Spurling said...

Hi Nancy! Thank you for writing. I forgot about there being a Bangor in Wales but actually we are in Bangor Northern Ireland! But, I did go to school in Carmarthen Wales 20 years ago. So close!

I wish I could have seen Kristine dancing.

Hello to you and all back home...

Carol